Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Easy As Pie

Last weekend the Army Dude and I finalized our Thanksgiving menu. He is making the traditional lasagne and I was going to bake something for dessert. I was tossing around some ideas and he finally said, "You know, I'd really like a pumpkin pie. Why don't we just buy one?" He said I've been tired lately (translation: a crabby pain in the butt) and that I should make it easy on myself.


I felt kind of guilty about it. I mean, who buys Thanksgiving dessert? Then I started wondering, in the co-dependent way of mine, if maybe he didn't really like the things I bake and has just been being polite all this time. Then it hit me: Baking. Thanksgiving - kickoff to the holiday season. Cookies. His suggestion that he can help with cookie research and development. Wanting me not to get too tired.


I am so onto him.

No comments:

Post a Comment