Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Brunch With Leppy

Leppy gave the last pink and green tomatoes from her garden to her friend across the street, who made pies and gave Leppy one of them. Leppy called me on Saturday night to ask me to share in the last of the season's bounty. I managed to find time in my glamorous schedule of cooking, cleaning, and NaBloPoMo to head on over there.

Brunch was delicious. There were two kinds of Gorgonzola cheeses, "breakfast olives" that were fruity and wonderful, Guatemalan sausages from our local bodega, toast, and pots of tea and coffee. There were slices of the very last ripe tomato from Leppy's garden, and of course, slices of the tomato pie.

Now all I have to do is convince Leppy that she should keep this Sunday brunch tradition going through the winter. I've already started working on an evil plan (since she reads this blog). I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment