Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Square Meal



Food confession: I'm not really crazy about turkey. I'll eat it, but I'm not someone who gets all excited about going to the Cracker Barrel to get turkey with all the fixings in the middle of May. In fact, I thought for years that what I really wanted for Thanksgiving was lasagne, garlic bread, and salad.

Because I am an evil genius, last year I mentioned my dream menu to a friend who I happen to know makes incredible lasagne and a new tradition was born. He makes the lasagne, I make the salad, garlic dipping oil for the bread, and dessert. (You'll notice who does most of the work. I told you I'm an evil genius.)

Yeah, I could probably have spent a little more time adding detail to the drawing, but today is a day for eating. Next up: an apple-cranberry galette.

Happy Thanksgiving. Whatever you're doing, whatever is on your menu, I hope it's exactly what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment