Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's On Your Plate?

There is a lot of talk in the media about how the oceans will be depleted of everything except jellyfish by 2025 - which we all know is complete bull because the media also tell us that according to the Mayan Long Count Calendar, the world is scheduled to end in 2012.

Keeping up with what we are supposed to be eating while we wait for the jellyfish to take over or the world to end (whichever comes first) gets very confusing. Websites devoted to sustainable seafood promote eating wild caught seafood in one species and farmed in another.

As it turns out, wild salmon is considered to be a better choice than farmed salmon. But for me, it's very simple. When I eat farmed salmon, I think "this is good." When I eat wild salmon, I ask the chef to marry me.


No comments:

Post a Comment