Friday, December 18, 2009

Good Goddess


I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Avocado and rice? Did she learn nothing from the Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken disaster? Wasn't that just like a week ago?" And on one hand, you're probably right. For a few days I did scurry back, tail between my legs, to my tried-and-true recipes.

But on the other hand, you can put rice in quesadillas, right? And guacamole is terrific with quesadillas. So when I saw Claire Robinson making Goddess Rice on Five Ingredient Fix, it didn't seem like that big a stretch. Plus no chicken would be harmed in the experiment.

Goddess Rice is delish: creamy, tangy - really very good. I served it as a bed for a stir-fry (which did not need a sauce), but it would be equally good alongside some grilled chicken and the dressing would make a tasty dip for fresh vegetables.

Try it. It's easy and yummy. And leftovers even reheat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment