Saturday, January 15, 2011

Army Dude's Birthday Dinner

This is the special tablescape I created for the Army Dude's birthday dinner. It's a good thing that Sandra Lee isn't dead yet, because if she were, she'd be rolling over in her grave right now.

Each place setting has a mess tent with a different daily special. This one is the classic army dinner for our friend Joe. The Army Dude's place has "MREs -- Moose Food Ready To Eat;" mine has "Nuts & Acorns." You probably need to know that we call each other Moose and Squirrel to understand those.

Every army dude needs to practice his shootin', amirite?


I don't know much about army ordnance, but I'm pretty sure these guys have enough fire power to get the job done. By the way, I paid top dollar for them at The Dollar Tree.

In case you want to try this at home (and why wouldn't you?), I put down a layer of wax paper under the brown paper to protect the tabletop from my Sharpie. This also eliminates the need for coasters.




No comments:

Post a Comment