Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tasty Winter Treat

One of the benefits of being unemployed is that I have time to bake muffins on a random Monday afternoon, simply because I have a craving.


After checking my cookbooks and coming up empty, I searched online and found a recipe by Alton Brown which involves shredded fresh pumpkin. (Seriously, Alton? The stuff in the can isn't good enough for you? If I wanted that kind of needless complication, I'd check Martha Stewart's website.) I was not going there.


Then I found a recipe for Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread on Allrecipes.com. The muffins came out great, but I put too much batter in the loaf pan. Next time I'll either use enough muffin tins to make 24 muffins plus the loaf pan, or make 12 muffins plus a 13x9 baking dish. In case you want to try this at home, the muffins were done perfectly in 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment