Thursday, August 26, 2010

Remembrance of Foodtoons Past

Several years ago, in a misguided attempt to actually make something of myself, I took a few classes at the University of Rhode Island. It was there, in an elective summer art class, that the professor took one look at the tomato in my rendering of a still life and pronounced it "too cartoony." Obviously, his middle name was not Nostradamus, because he could not foresee the big future I had ahead of me drawing food cartoons.

I decided to do an artist's rendering of my artist's rendering and add a smiley face because my friend Annie gave me some grape tomatoes from her Dad's garden that were so delicious they had me swooning.

I did the drawing in crayon because occasionally I like to let my inner eight-year-old come out to play. Take that, Mr. Professor Artist Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment