Monday, February 21, 2011

Genius: Black Drip Pans

I don't know about you, gentle readers, but I have to replace the drip pans on my stove about once a year. I know the directions on the package say to clean them after every use, and I'm sure that works just fine for people who only cook when the chef has the night off. For someone like me -- someone who cooks every day and doesn't even own a dishwasher -- it's not going to happen. I clean up spills as I go, I take the pans out and clean them periodically, but it's inevitable that one day I will look at them and say "these have GOT to go."


So conceive, if you will, of my delight in finding black drip pans at my local Walmart. For one thing, they are the color the pans will eventually turn anyway; for another, they have a porcelain finish that resists having foods bake onto it. Not to mention that they look pretty cool.


Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment