Saturday, February 12, 2011

Food On The Road

All in a day's work for a food blogger.

My friends, I felt it my duty while I was in the southern states of this great land of ours, to investigate Sonic, a restaurant for which I have seen ads, but have never come across in real life.

The pros: The food was delivered by a cute boy on roller skates. Very tasty limeade.


The cons: The food is dreadful. It reminded me why I only eat fast food when I absolutely have to, such as on a road trip. The sandwich looks greasy, but it's not. It's actually a BLT that is soggy from sitting in an aluminum bag under a heat lamp. (The tots, on the other hand, are greasy. I guess I prefer my tots baked in the oven.) Also, you have to eat in the car, which is messy and uncomfortable.

A much better dining option is Mellow Mushroom, a pizza place with a funky 70s vibe. I had the Kosmic Karma pizza, which had feta and mozzarella cheeses, sundried and Roma tomatoes, spinach, and a swirl of pesto. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment