Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Guest Blogger: Elizabeth, Age 5


I'm excited to bring you the work of an wonderful new talent, fresh from a gallery showing on the front of my refrigerator. The artist is my great-niece Elizabeth; the event is Katie's birthday dinner.

Depicted from left to right: Katie, me, Lizzie (you can see the family resemblance), and the Army Dude. Katie (Lizzie's mother) drew and colored the hearts; I provided the hair styling for the Army Dude because Elizabeth specializes in ponytails and not Army regulation flat tops. As you can see, a good time was had by all.

I'm delighted to feature this up-and-coming young artist, and I expect big things from her in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Lizzie: Which way do your eyeballs hang?
    Maria: A little to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can't stop looking at the eyeballs. They follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable drawing, it totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love katies art....too bad they will stomp on her creativity in school...and ask her what everthing is that she draws. oh well, enjoy it now while it lasts...and for you maria, i cant believe how clever you are. i would have watched that commercial and the irony of it would never have even entered my little mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete