Saturday, March 6, 2010

K.I.S.S.




I don't think I will ever be a foodie, in small part because I am too picky an eater, and in large part because then I would be too sophisticated to eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and that would be a bummer.


Also, the older I get, the simpler I like my food. That's not to say I don't enjoy a complex melding of flavors (I have eggplant parmesan in the oven right now), but I'm rarely enticed by a recipe with a list of ingredients as long as my arm and a preparation process that, in comparison, makes Twyla Tharp's choreography look easy to execute. I'm usually not as happy with the end product as I am with a simple dish cooked well.


Some of the most satisfying dinners I've ever had consisted of fresh bread, cheese, a little butter, a few olives, and a simple salad tossed with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Delicious, easy to prepare, easy to clean up, and free of worry about whether or not I'm fashionable enough. Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment