Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Say Cheese

Ladies, have you ever noticed that men have a listening problem?  It doesn't matter if he's a co-worker, husband, friend, boyfriend, or whatever, a man listens selectively.  The Army Dude is no exception to this rule.

It's like this:

What I say: "A careful analysis of the process of observation in atomic physics has shown that the subatomic particles have no meaning as isolated entities, but can only be understood as interconnections between the preparation of an experiment and the subsequent measurement."

What he hears: "Blah, blah, blah, blah..."

But there is a foolproof way to capture his attention.  Like this:

What I say: "I've been thinking we might want a snack while our Thanksgiving dinner is cooking."

What he hears: "SNACK. THANKSGIVING DINNER."

Army Dude: "Snack?  Like what?"

What I say: "Maybe some port wine cheese on crackers..."

What he hears: "DELICIOUS PROCESSED CHEESE PRODUCT."

Army Dude: "Good idea!"

I've decided to start referencing snack foods and baked goods in everything I say now.  Just to mess with him.




(The physics quote comes from BrainyQuote.com.  I have no idea what it means.)




 


No comments:

Post a Comment