Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kitchen Visiting

I have a friend whose kitchen is a very interesting place. It's quite small and doesn't appear to have much storage, yet all kinds of pots, pans, and serving dishes appear from somewhere and yummy foods go into them.

Whenever I'm in her kitchen, I end up trying interesting foods -- maybe something from the bodega down the street, maybe a cheese I've never heard of. If I sit there for a while, inevitably someone will pop in. I've run into people I haven't seen in ages and also made new friends that way.

But on this particular day, the scene was different -- and, I thought, kind of funny. On her counter, in no particular order:

  • A fur and leather hat on an antique hat block, in the midst of being repaired
  • A toolbox with assorted sewing supplies as well as some finger puppets in various stages of completion
  • Bits of fleece and felt
  • Two finger puppet tableaux in shadow boxes
  • Various glues to complete the projects


Makes perfect sense to me. That's why she's one of my favorite peeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment