Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simply Delicioso

Lest you think I don't care about the state of my arteries at all, I must state that I didn't know the Hamburger Taco at El Charro Cafe in Tucson, AZ was deep fried until after I ordered. The menu said it was a hamburger taco with queso, peas, and sliced radishes. That combination fell into the "so crazy it just might work" category for me; however, since then my source in Southern California has assured me that it's very common in authentic Mexican food. And now I know why: it's divine.

I spread some of Cafe's to-die-for guacamole on my taco, took a bite, and proceeded moan quietly (at least, I hope I was quiet). I even told the Army Dude to shoot me right then and there, so I could die a happy woman. Which, believe it or not, had very little to do with my tendency to be a drama queen. It really was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment