Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Restaurant Review: 5 Guys Burgers & Fries

It's a sad but true fact that the most exciting thing happening at my workplace this week is the opening of 5 Guys Burgers & Fries across the street. I decided to try the food out on opening day and post a review. These are the lengths I will go to for my readers.

It's a fast food joint, which was kind of a voyage of discovery for me because as anyone who knows me can attest, I am fast food impaired. I generally don't do fast food at all. My friend Monica had to teach me how to order and use the drink filler-upper at Taco Bell a few years ago. Her tutelage came in handy when I ordered and got beverages at 5 Guys.

I have to say, though, that for fast food it was really good. The burger was juicy and delicious, and the hand-cut fries - while being a little less crisp than I am accustomed to - had great flavor. There was a sign at the counter telling patrons that the potatoes for the day's fries were from the Circle C Farm in Homer, ID. Congratulations, folks in Homer. You grow a mighty fine potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment