Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Dance of the Sugarcookie Fairies

Two of my nieces couldn't make it for Christmas cookie baking day when it was rescheduled due to snow (oh all right, it was my niece and great-niece; I'm old) so we made Valentine's Day cookies yesterday instead. The cookies in my drawing are ballet dancing in honor of the fact that my great-niece Lizzie (age 5) and I dance at the same ballet school - or as Lizzie put it "You and me are both a ballerina."

We did all the things you might expect: wore Disney Princess crowns, listened to Sinatra (Lizzie is also a fan), and baked several batches of cookies. My niece Katie took video footage in which Lizzie did a lot of funny things and I am a disembodied voice in the background like Charlie Brown's teacher. I made us lunch and dinner. We ate slightly more cookie dough than I believe the Surgeon General recommends.

It was a lot of fun, but now there is only one thing Auntie Maria wants for Valentine's Day: a nap.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Celebrate it any way you please.



1 comment: