Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Still Tasty After All These Years



Sometimes returning to the things I liked as a child is a bad idea. I'm thinking of the Great Candy Stomachache of 1996, when I learned that a thirty-three-year-old cannot match her ten-year-old niece Lik-A-Stix for Lik-A-Stix without consequences.

So I wondered, as I popped a batch of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the oven, if they would be as good as I remembered from weekends of my childhood, or a disappointment. They were GOOD. Better than I remembered, actually, thanks to the Cinnabon cinnamon filling that hadn't been invented back in the 1970s.

Unlike Cook Or Be Cooked for Wii, Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls may actually require a 12-step recovery program. I'll keep doing research and let you know. These are the little sacrifices I make for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. loved that - 12 step recovery.....how are you so clever (or witty) or both!

    ReplyDelete