Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still Life With Kitchen Ant


There has been a minor ant problem in my kitchen almost all winter. At first I just saw the occasional bug, so I did what I usually do: I talked to it and asked it to leave. The Army Dude was skeptical that this system would work and started suggesting I call the Big Blue Bug guys. I said "Dude. It's one ant. Isn't that kind of like bringing in an armored tank to hunt wabbits?" I thought the military simile would impress him, but no.


He was correct about my system not working, however. Pretty soon, I was seeing more of the little critters. I put out an ant trap which was soon known as the Ant Party Tent. The ants mocked me by hanging out under it.


I have resorted to killing the ants, which I hate to do. They seem to be confining their activities to the sink area, and there's only a few of them, so I'm trying not to get too freaked out about it. The Army Dude stopped commenting on the ants every time he came over once he learned that they are a problem throughout the town, so it's not due to substandard maintenance on my part. So that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment