Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Things I Heart: Black Truffle Oil

I fell in love with truffles in France last year.  I'd never tried them before and I'm not really sure why that is.  I think truffles and I had simply never crossed paths.  Maybe it's an American thing.

The Foodie knows I ate my weight in truffles in Paris (I also ate my weight in ice cream and baguettes.  This explains a lot of things).  Because he is a sweetheart, The Foodie gave me a bottle of infused black truffle oil a few months ago.  I've been keeping it in my refrigerator and doling it out as sparingly as Scrooge McDuck hands out money.  Actually, the flavor is really strong and a little goes a long way.

In general, I like to use truffle oil with foods that already have an earthiness to them like lentils and potatoes; however, my friend the Rock&Roll Singer (not to be confused with the Rock&Roll Drummer -- try to keep up) swears by truffle oil on popcorn.  I think I'll have to give that a try soon.  You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment